During March we have seen the installation of the pre-cast culverts below the campus level slab to be North of the building. Following the installation we are carrying out the waterproofing works prior to back filling back to campus level allowing the concrete slab works to continue.
At the same time we have now cast the first sections of the basement walls and carpark slabs. Drainage works are continuing at the basement level ahead of the concrete works.
Export of earth has continued albeit to a reduced capacity. Generally we are down to 2-3 lorries per day on turnaround from the recycle plant.
We will be continuing with concrete works to the campus slab level reaching the swimming pool area towards the end of the month. Walls will continue to the cast to the perimeter behind the campus slab works.
The slab at field level starts at the end of March completing the concrete frame from North to South. The latter part of April will be spent aligning the site to receive Steelwork and pre-cast concrete elements during May.
Export of earth and back filling to the culverts will continue during April for completion in May.
Building Fact File
- Number of piles installed – 671
- Total usable floor area of sports rooms – 1,114m2
- Total underground parking – 737m2
As part of our Community Engagement Strategy we actively engage with the local community to:
- Promote local labour – currently 30% local labour
- Provide work experience opportunities – working with BHCC Youth Employability Service for future work experiences
- Work with local schools and youth clubs
- Run fundraising events (Look out for information on our charity parachute jump this summer!) – sponsoring Peacehaven United Youth FC
- The site has currently recycled all construction waste:
- Office waste 100% recycled
- Construction waste 100% recycled
Considerate Constructors Scheme
We are pleased to announce that our construction site has recently achieved Performace Beyond Compliance on the CC Scheme. More information on this available here.