Our first tower crane (TC1) was successfully erected during the first week of January having found a window of opportunity during the windy start to the year. The base for our second and final crane has been cast during the first half of January with an anticipated erection of TC2 at the end of March.
January has seen a continuation of Muck away from site and the dig reaching the final reduced level at the North end of the project footprint.
Upcoming works in February 2018
During February we will continue with excavations reaching more of the final reduced level followed by the installation of sub-basement drainage.
Labour levels on site will remain for the months of January and February with a constant flow of lorries removing spoil. The project is currently running on time.
Building Fact File
- Tonnage of steel frame to be used for sports & science building – 600 tons of steel
- Concrete to be used in basement – 3,000 cubic meters
- Meter volume of basement excavation – 15,000 cubic meters
As part of our Community Engagement Strategy we actively engage with the local community to:
- Promote local labour
- Provide work experience opportunities
- Work with local schools and youth clubs
- Run fundraising events (Look out for information on our charity parachute jump this summer!)
You said, We did!
- You asked for Sutherland Road to be kept clean of site waste.
- We arranged for a road sweeper to clean the road on a daily basis as well tracking the lorry routes away from the site to ensure street cleanliness.